Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ruby


Ruby babysits the foster kittens.

I know this is a photo contest, but I want to tell you the story behind the photo, it's a good one!

Ruby is a rescue dog. I had her for only one week when a sackful of day old kittens were left at my door. I bottle fed and raised them with the help and support of our local shelter, and Ruby.

Ruby, a golden retriever, had been abandoned with a litter of puppies and weighed only 35 lbs. when I brought her home.
Maybe it was fate, maybe it was karma, I don't know, but I believe this picture proves that what happened here was all part of a bigger plan.

I must have looked at 30 dogs when I began my search, and although they were all beautiful, none of them spoke to my heart. Until I met Ruby. It was love at first sight.

At present, Ruby weighs in at 55 pounds, and the kittens are leaving for their forever homes tomorrow.

It's a joy filled story with a happy ending. I also have two more dogs and four cats of my own. My house is a happy, happy place!

Lori Thuestad & Ruby Thuestad
(the 'H' is silent)

No comments: